Home buyers and sellers need you. But are they able to easily find you?
Home buyers and sellers will typically search for a real estate expert online. According to the NAR’s 2022 Home Buyers and Sellers Generational Trends Report, 95% of home buyers searched the internet for homes. That's a lot of eyes that you can potentially get in front of and steer toward your business.
As a real estate agent, your online presence is everything. Having a website is key: it can offer the perfect sneak peek into your know-how for prospective home buyers and sellers starting their search. A website is also the perfect place to display and showcase your expertise, which can help build trust and generate interest with home buyers and sellers early on. In addition to being a place to highlight your business online, you can also easily display your knowledge on your website through blog posts.
Don’t fancy yourself a writer? No need to worry: blog posts can be short, sweet, and simple. The average reader spends 52 seconds on a web page, so getting directly to the point is the best approach to capture your reader, hold their attention, and ensure they are educated.
For blogs, SEO is critical for ensuring your website is found in search engines like Google, Yahoo!, and Bing. SEO, or search engine optimization, in its simplest terms means making sure your website is visible when people search for it through a search engine. SEO aims to improve your site’s ranking so that the search engine makes it easier for people to find it.
The better your blog posts — or other forms of content — on your website, the more you can improve and drive your SEO. Using keywords related to your area of real estate expertise, your local market, and other key industry terms can all help boost traffic to your website without spending a single dollar.
To help inspire you to dust off your keyboard and show off your prowess, we’ve compiled a list of 25 simple questions you can easily turn into a blog post.
Check them out below:
- What is the difference between a pre-approval and a pre-qualification in the mortgage process?
- What is title insurance and why do I need it for my home?
- What does a professional appraiser actually do and how do they affect the home buying and selling process?
- How can I make my offer to buy a home the most attractive against other buyers’ offers?
- What should I do to prepare to sell my home?
- What are the top negotiations that buyers make at closing?
- How do I know what my home is actually worth?
- Why is buying a home considered to be such a significant investment?
- How much money should I actually have saved for a down payment on a home?
- How are the closing costs for a home determined?
- What should I do if I don’t get along with my real estate agent?
- How should I realistically determine my budget for buying a home?
- How long will it take to sell my house and what does the preparation entail?
Pro Tip: At a loss for other questions to answer for a blog post? Tap into your network! As you connect with prospective home buyers and sellers, ask yourself: What questions are they asking me that other people in the buying or selling process would want to know?
- What are the most common mistakes that home buyers make?
- What are the most common mistakes that home sellers make?
- How can I find the right real estate agent to sell my home?
- What is the purpose of a home inspection and why is it necessary?
- How long does the home buying process actually take and why?
- What is the best way to search for homes?
- What can I do to help increase the value of my home?
- Can I get a different interest rate, or do all mortgage companies offer the same one?
- What are the different types of home loans, and which one should I consider?
- What does the process of buying a foreclosed home look like?
- What does it mean to rent to own?
- Who pays for closing fees?
Did this list get your gears turning? These 25 questions only scratch the surface — and we know you have way more wisdom to share. Take a handful of these questions and start writing the answers and finer details to educate.
Keep writing, post your blogs on a regular basis, and watch as the online traffic rolls in.
Ready for More Online Optimization Tips and Tricks?